Next Generation Network
If you’re an NYC professional in your 20s or 30s, join the Next Generation Network!
Comprised of philanthropically-inclined New York City professionals in their twenties and thirties, the Next Generation Network (NGN) is dedicated to raising awareness, volunteering, and fundraising on behalf of VOA-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) — and by extension the underprivileged youth, homeless, veteran, and other vulnerable populations VOA-GNY serves — in order to help individuals and families in need live safe, healthy, productive lives.
The mission is to support the efforts of VOA-Greater New York, while also building the next generation of influential volunteers and philanthropists.
What We Do
- Raise awareness of VOA-GNY by serving as brand ambassadors
- Volunteer with VOA-GNY programs in a social atmosphere while giving back
- Organize and host fundraising and promotional events
Photo: Members of the Next Generation Network volunteer at the annual VOA-GNY Toy Sort.
How We Do It
Sample NGN activities include:
- A New York Winter’s Eve – support and attend VOA-GNY’s annual fundraising gala
- Operation Backpack® – support one of VOA-GNY’s largest annual programs which provides children who need them with backpacks and school supplies before returning to school in the fall
- Veteran BBQs (spring/summer/fall) – host a barbecue by cooking for and socializing with veterans in and around New York
- Birthday-in-a-Box (ongoing) – throw birthday parties for children who otherwise may not get traditional birthday celebrations
- NGN Annual Fundraising Event – network with other NGN young professionals while supporting the VOA-GNY cause
Benefits of the "Next Gen" Network
- Make a difference in people’s lives by giving back to your community
- Grow your network by meeting like-minded young professionals in NYC
- Build skills outside your normal work environment
How to Join
If you are a professional in your 20s or 30s, we’d love for you to join! Please express your interest by emailing your name, contact info, employer, role, and areas of interest (i.e. volunteering, networking, and/or fundraising, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you about our upcoming events, programs, and ways to get involved!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.