Next Generation Network
VOA-GNY just launched its Next Generation Network (NGN)!
If you’re an NYC professional in your 20’s or 30’s, we want you to join!
Comprised of philanthropically inclined New York City professionals in their 20’s and 30’s, Next Generation Network (NGN) is dedicated to raising awareness, volunteering, and fundraising on behalf of VOA-GNY (and by extension the underprivileged youth, homeless, veteran, and other vulnerable populations VOA-GNY serves) in order to help individuals and families in need live safe, healthy, productive lives.
Our mission is to support the efforts of VOA-GNY, while also building the next generation of influential volunteers and philanthropists.
What We Do
- Raise awareness of VOA-GNY by serving as brand ambassadors
- Volunteer with VOA-GNY programs in a social atmosphere while giving back
- Organize and host fundraising and promotional events
How We Do It
Sample NGN activities include:
- A New York Winter’s Eve (VOA-GNY annual gala) – support and volunteer for VOA-GNY’s annual fundraising event
- Operation Backpack (annual campaign) – support one of VOA-GNY’s largest programs which provides children who need them with backpacks and school supplies before returning to school in the fall
- Veteran BBQs (spring/summer/fall) – Host a barbecue by grilling for and socializing with veterans in and around New York
- Birthday-in-a-Box (ongoing) – Throw birthday parties for children who otherwise may not get traditional birthday cake on their birthday
- NGN Annual Fundraising Event – network with other NGN young professionals while supporting the VOA-GNY cause
Benefits of the Next Gen Network
- Make a difference in people’s lives by giving back to your community
- Grow your network by meeting like-minded young professionals in NYC
- Build skills outside your normal work environment
How to Join
If you are a professional in your 20’s or 30’s, we’d love for you to join! Please express your interest by emailing your name, contact info, employer, role, and areas of interest (i.e. volunteering, networking, and/or fundraising, etc.) to VOANextGen@gmail.com. We will reach out to you about our upcoming events, programs, and ways to get involved!
If you have any questions, please email VOANextGen@gmail.com