The Next Generation Network Has Launched!
Calling NYC young professionals (20’s and 30’s): Join the newly launched Volunteers of America-Greater New York Next Generation Network (NGN)!
Who We Are
Comprised of philanthropically inclined New York City professionals in their 20’s and 30’s, Next Generation Network (NGN) is dedicated to raising awareness, volunteering, and fundraising on behalf of VOA-GNY (and by extension the underprivileged youth, homeless, veterans, and other vulnerable populations VOA-GNY serves) in order to help individuals and families in need live safe, healthy, productive lives.
Our mission is to support the efforts of Volunteers of America-Greater New York, while also building the next generation of influential volunteers and philanthropists.
What We Do
- Raise awareness of VOA-GNY by serving as brand ambassadors
- Volunteer with VOA-GNY programs in a social atmosphere while giving back
- Host fundraisers and promotional events
- Network and socialize with other NYC young professionals!
Benefits of the Next Gen Network
- Make a difference in the lives of our neighbors in need in NYC by giving back
- Grow your network by meeting like-minded young professionals in NYC
- Build skills outside your normal work environment
Sample NGN Activities Include:
- Volunteer for Operation Backpack®
- Host BBQs for veterans or throw birthday parties for children living in VOA’s family shelters
- NGN Annual Fundraising Event
- Networking events with NGN young professionals
- Support A New York Winter’s Eve (VOA-GNY annual gala)
How to Join
If you are a professional in your 20’s or 30’s, we’d love for you to join the Next Gen Network! Please express your interest by emailing your name, contact info, employer, role, and areas of interest (i.e. volunteering, networking, and/or fundraising, etc.) to VOANextGen@gmail.com. We will reach out to you about our upcoming events, programs, and ways to get involved!