Job Opening: Nurse (RN) at Bronx Early Learning Center
Program Bronx Early Learning Center
Location 1887 Bathgate Avenue, Bronx NY 10457
Position Type Exempt/Full Time
The Bronx Early Learning Center (BELC) is VOA-Greater New York's special education preschool program that serves children age 2.9 to 5 years who have developmental delays or disabilities. Many students are on the autism spectrum. We offer a supportive environment that encourages your career development through top-notch training, tuition reimbursement and the sharing of ideas among colleagues. With small class sizes and an adaptable curriculum, you'll experience the greatest reward of all: knowing that you can make a real difference by helping children with special needs reach their greatest potential.
Employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Staff at the BELC also enjoy a convenient weekday schedule (Monday to Friday) that follows a school calendar.
Graduate from an accredited nursing program, passing grade on National Council Licensure Examination and current New York State Registered Nurse License. A minimum of two years’ experience with adolescents and/or children with developmental disabilities.
- Maintain all health records of students.
- Dispense medications and maintain records as needed.
- Liaison to New York City health care initiatives-e.g., asthma initiative in the Bronx
- Observe regularly the daily health and hygiene status of students and communicate with parents regarding health and hygiene issues.
- Submit written reports of incidents or injuries daily and conduct quarterly review.
- Monitor and maintain OSHA and Department of Health (DOH) guidelines in relation to health and safety and conduct in-service training for staff.
- Annually reviews Early Learning Center health and safety policies.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! VOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories).
VOA-Greater New York is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the Greater New York area by 2050 by providing housing, health and wealth-building services to individuals experiencing, or at-risk of, homelessness. Many of the families whose children attend the BELC are living at or below the poverty line. Through this work, we are supporting children and families who may be contending with challenges related to housing and food insecurity, among other things.