Job Opening: Digital Communications Manager
Digital Communications Manager
Program: Administrative Office
Location: Hybrid (Remote + Office/On-Site)
Office Address: 135 West 50th Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10020
Position Type: Full Time
Annual Salary: $75,000
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area. Our housing, health, and wealth-building programs begin to address seemingly intractable problems through a combination of innovative and evidence-based solutions that place us on the cutting edge of our field. We also leverage the experience and expertise our of staff—a team of 900+ passionate professionals—to create change at the systemic level by educating the public about the needs of individuals and families experiencing homelessness and advocating for better public policy.
The Communications Team, as part of our larger Development & External Relations Department, works to share the story of our work and impact with donors, public officials, and a range of other partners across the public, private, and government sectors. The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for managing and growing our digital presence, including the VOA-Greater New York website, social media channels, email marketing activities, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field with five years of experience creating digital content and managing social media platforms or satisfactory combination of education and experience with proven social media management with proven results
- Thorough understanding of digital strategy, social media platforms and content creation.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and understanding of voice, nuance, and audience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adapt. Creative and analytical thinker
- Proficient at using CRM and analytics tools including Google Analytics, experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.). High level of proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Responsible for creating and implementing of all digital elements of a VOA-GNY's marketing communications strategy.
- Develop and execute VOA-GNY’s social media strategy (paid and organic) with the primary goal of significantly growing our existing social media presence; run analytics routinely and design graphics to be used on social media and the VOA-GNY website in alignment with brand guidelines.
- Manage, produce and grow VOA-GNY’s email marketing activities (newsletters and other e-communications) to support the content strategy and communication goals.
- Manage and produce VOA-GNY’s internal e-newsletter with support from the Senior Communications Associate.
- Plan and execute digital campaigns specific to programs or program needs, upcoming events, funding needs, current events, etc.
- Ensure all sponsors are appropriately recognized on the VOA-GNY website, social media and/or in e-communications.
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Associate and other team members to ensure content aligns with the marketing communications strategy and has a consistent tone, style and voice that reflects the overall brand.
- Organize and manage media assets and content, including photography, logos and photo releases, using the organization’s media asset platform.
- On occasion, attend program events and campaigns to take high-quality photos, shoot video and support event-related needs. Minor video editing as needed.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.