Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Volunteers of America was founded in 1896 by social reformers Maud and Ballington Booth who galvanized tens of thousands of men and women to become actively engaged in their communities. Volunteers of America continues to provide meaningful opportunities for the public to experience the tremendous satisfaction of serving others through volunteering.
How can Volunteers help?
We have many opportunities for individuals, and some for families, to donate their time and talent to help those in need.
Our volunteers tutor children in our family shelters, provide administrative support to programs, help maintain buildings and gardens, sort toys and school supplies, take groups of children and adults on recreational outings and much more. Some examples:
- Conduct drives for hygiene kits, hats, gloves and other practical items
- Reading buddies and homework helpers
- Art projects
- Resume writing and interview skills workshops
- Office help
- Fitness instruction (yoga, nutrition, movement)
- Dance and music workshops
- Chess buddies
To apply, fill out our Volunteer Application Form. Please note: we are not processing applications for individual volunteers at this time, as we have a backlog. Thank you so much for your interest - check back again soon!
- To learn more about volunteering, contact our Corporate & Community Engagement Manager
- Phone: (212) 496-4307