Our Mission Statement
Volunteers of America is a national, faith-based human services organization. We are dedicated to helping individuals and families in need create positive and lasting change through social service programs that support and empower them to live safe, healthy and productive lives.
Who We Are
Volunteers of America-Greater New York is the local affiliate of the national organization, Volunteers of America, Inc., and is one of the largest providers of human services in the metropolitan New York area. Founded in New York City in 1896 as a charity staffed by individuals who volunteered to make service their life work, today VOA-Greater New York has 1,300 paid staff that provide life-changing, often life-saving services through 80 programs in New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-Greater New York services extend to:
- Individuals and families who are homeless
- Families recovering from domestic violence
- Older adults
- Preschool children with developmental delays
- At-risk youth
- Individuals living with HIV/AIDS
- Adults with behavioral health issues
- People with a history of substance use
- Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities